Mayan Experience Cenote TourNumber 3 of 71 Outdoor Activities in Puerto Morelos
Selected by Tripadvisor
Travelers’ Choice Awards,
“Best of the Best 2020”
What our travelers are saying
This cenote was truly spectacular and a dream. For lunch we went to a Mayan family’s house. They welcomed us by showing us how to make tortillas and fed us with delicious food that they made in their kitchen.
My siblings and I booked a private all-day tour with Robin as our guide and it turned out to be one of the best tours any of us has ever been on. It felt great to have an experience that was so personal. What a find!
This is a true gem in all the tours offered around the area. The knowledge on history, culture, language Robin exhibits is remarkable and the excitement he has sharing his knowledge makes this experience superb…
L’expérience fut MAGIQUE! Une vraie cathédrale naturelle, d’une beauté mystique, une autre monde. Nous avons terminé cette belle journée avec un repas typique chez une famille mayenne très accueillante.
Once in a lifetime
Mayan Experience Cenote Tour
What will I be doing?
– Visit a local wood carver’s compound located in the middle of the jungle, get to know the work of the traditional artisans and take home a unique handcraft., Supporting the local Mayan community is always nice =)
– Get to the Balneario Jade Maya, a local recreational center built thanks to the support of travelers like you =)
– Experience a guided nature walk through the Mayan jungle surrounded by beautiful birds. Learn about the Mayan medicinal plants and the history of the gum industry and its effect on the wildlife and jungle.
– This is the “Indiana Jones” part! We will explore a dry cave with amazing mineral formations.
– Swim in a breathtaking million-year old cenote, surrounded by large stalactites and underwater stalagmites with crystal clear blue water.
-Meet the neighbouring children artists and local honeymakers and take home real natural honey from the jungle!
– End your day at Grandma’s place together with her charming Mayan family, learn how to make your own traditional “tortilla” and enjoy a delicious Yucatecan lunch prepared by the family.
How much does it cost?
For $100 USD you get a full day tour including guides, lunch, transportation and entrances.
For booking or any questions just get in touch with us!
The cool part! By being part of this tour you are also helping the local Mayan community. Many families now enjoy the new swim club thanks to you! Check out “Balneario Jade Maya”
What should I bring?
Get ready for a full day trip!
. Sun hat and walking shoes
. Towel, swimming suit and a dry change of clothes
. Extra pesos if you feel like getting some unique handcrafts home (this is also a great way of giving back to the local community of X Can)
. Bug repellent
What’s our meeting point?
We take off around 8:30 am from Cafe Layla , 2 av Rafael E Melgar, Puerto Morelos. We are open for breakfast from 8 am, if you wanna grab some coffee before the ride.
Our destination : Xcan village – Choj Ha Cenote, Yucatan.
Ending point around 5:30 pm at Cafe Layla.
When can I experience this amazing tour?
Our tour goes on every Thursday from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm all year long (except September)
I prefer another day of the week, is that possible?
Of course! We have private tour options with a minimum 4 people at $110 USD per person. Get in touch with us and we’ll organize it together.
Is it good for kids?
Kids usually love the adventurous side of this trip, just bear in mind it’s one hour and a half drive to X Can and there is some walking and swimming involved. You know your family better than anyone, so feel free to contact us for any specific doubts or requirements.
Do you have vegetarian/vegan/gluten free options?
Yes! Do let us know in advance if you have any dietary issues so that we can make the necessary adaptations.
Is it too adventurous? Can anyone do it?
We are always open to adapt to your special needs. Please contact us with any specific questions. Just fill out the form and we get back to you.
Tell me more
Drop By and Talk
Av Rafael E Melgar 2,
Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo
Give Us a Call
+52 998 104 9831 (Robin)
Send Us an Email